If you’re looking for a direct, highly effective tutor to help you revolutionize your testing approach and get results, you’ve come to the right place.
I provide online tutoring sessions in the SAT/ACT reading, grammar, and essay sections.
My classes utilize a three part structure: diagnosis, foundation building, error elimination.
STEP ONE: During our first class together, we will take an in depth look at your most recent practice tests and analyze all of your errors. We will find out much more than your official score report provides.
We need to understand WHY you are getting questions wrong and WHAT you can do about it.
STEP TWO: After figuring out the question types and concepts you struggle with and what kinds of preventable errors you’re making, we will begin our “study” phase. During this phase we will cover every relevant lesson from how to use commas to how to tackle Big Picture questions.
STEP THREE: Then, once we’ve laid the foundation, we will begin the phase of eliminating careless errors. We do this by setting concrete skill goals and drilling that skill until you are applying it 100% of the time. Eventually, you will not only learn exactly what to do for each type of question, but you will be able to execute all of the strategies without making any errors.
Emily is very knowledgeable about the SAT reading and writing sections. She has a sharp insight to quickly find out what’s needed for the student to improve her score. Emily has great communication skills- she can verbalize and explain very clearly on the tricky and subtle reading questions.Katie F.
- Do you offer a free consultation? If so, how do I book one? Yes, I do. I offer a free 15 minute phone consultation. Please contact me using the information provided below.
- How do I contact you about your services? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a message at 650-207-3557.
- How do you do scheduling? I use an online scheduler. Once you’ve decided to take classes with me, I will send you a link to the scheduling website.
- How does billing work? I use Venmo and Paypal. You can pay for a package in advance, or pay class by class.
- Do with work with international students? Absolutely.
- How many classes will I need? It varies widely from student to student, and I will be able to give you a better estimate after the first class.
- How many classes do you recommend per week? Again, it is variable, but I meet with most students 1-2x per week.
- How long should I study for the SAT/ACT? I recommend 4-6 months of preparation so that you can have a relaxed learning experience. Mastery of any skill cannot be forced, nor can experience be taught. No matter how long you have, you need to practice a lot. That can take place slowly over time or rapidly in a matter of weeks.
- Will you do intensive sessions if I only have a few weeks until the test? Yes. It is possible to raise your score significantly even if you only have a few classes.